MacRamos Plumbing is situated at in the heart of Gauteng. We dispatch teams to the relevant areas at your disposal. Our plumbers have lengthily, sufficient training in all the areas that you might require their services. We have a “no call-out fee” policy and all of our quotations are obligation free. The last thing that you need is a bill that you were not hoping for. We take pride in informing our customers before-hand; what, where and how it needs to be done. You will always receive the price before we start. The only time we won’t be able to advise you first, is when the bill needs to be calculated according to accumulated hours completed.
We make your plumbing problems a thing of the past. Your problem becomes our problem and nothing is better than having your problems solved in a fast efficient manner and moving on. Our objective at MacRamos Plumbing is to remain your service provider of choice. Repeat business is sown into each hour of work we complete every day.
Geyser installation and burst geyser replacement.
A burst geyser is a pain to experience. Should you be lucky enough to ever experience one, you will also know, that a geyser bursts, at the most unexpected times. Should your geyser burst after hours, we will gladly come and isolate the problem until we are able to replace it the next morning. We have plumbers that are on call 24/7 for you to utilise.
A burst geyser can be caused by a number of contributing factors namely; power interruptions, power surges, corrosion of the inner cylinder, general wear and tear as a result of old age.
Common brands for replacement are: Heattech/Ariston Thermo and Kwikot/Electrolux.
Result in damages from burst geysers:
Burst geysers can result in various water damages to your property. The most common affected items are:
Element, thermostat and gasket:
These 3 musketeers work hand in hand. More often than not, you will need to replace all 3 (element, thermostat and gasket) in one go.
- An element’s main function is to heat the geyser up. Without an element there will be no hot water generation. Very rarely will the element need to be replaced on its own.
- A thermostat is triggered by the rise in temperature as a result of the element heating up the water. A thermostat behaves like a co-ordinator for the element, telling it what to do and when. Once the water has reached its set temperature, the thermostat will switch the element off. If the water is too cold and not meeting the desired temperature, the thermostat will turn the element back on to start heating up the water again.
- A gasket is made to seal the parts between the geyser and the element. The gasket fills up all the openings and spaces of the flange to create a cork like seal, which is there to keep in liquids like water or gas. In this case, the liquid is the hot water from the inner geyser cylinder.
A blocked drain is when an obstruction or mass causes the movement of water in a sewerage pipe to flow slowly or blocks it up so that it cannot flow at all. Blocked drains can be caused by multiple obstructions. Our teams are trained and equipped with rotor drain cleaning equipment to handle this for you. We can attend to any type of blockage you may face: a blocked drain, sewer line, waste lines, gully’s, shower drains, toilets, urinals, stormwater drains and kitchen sinks.
Grease and fat build up: when grease and fat is flushed down your pipes, alongside general waste water, this causes the grease to harden increasing its viscosity and causing solid obstructions/blockages.
Roots: roots often enter pipes through small breaches and grow and expand, filling up the pipe as it grows and causing a blockage.
Toys and miscellaneous items: at times toys and other items get accidently thrown down the drain resulting in a blockage.
Collapsed drain: A collapsed drain can be a result of general wear and tear, old age, and even uncontrolled ground movement.
Paper: An excess of toilet paper or hard industrial factory paper are common causes of blocked drains.
Urinal cakes: Sometimes urinal cakes don’t completely dissolve, this can clog your drain and even cause different levels of corrosion.
Finding a faulty pipe is key when trying to solve your plumbing issues. Most pipes are chased into the wall or laid in foundations or underground. The idea is not to have them too close to the surface to allow any pipe to get damaged easily. Our teams are trained and are fitted with pipe location equipped to find your pipe and fix the problem.
Pressure control valves.
The purpose of a pressure control valve is used to regulate measured pressure in a water hydraulic system. While at the same time keeping the pressure of the water below a safe limit.
Common brands are: Kwikot/Electrolux, Apex, Califi and Cobra.
Tap and traps.
Every plumbing vessel (basins, sinks, baths) require an inlet point – the tap and an outlet point – the trap.
Taps allow the water to flow in and traps allow the water to flow out.
Common brands are: Cobra, Isca, Tivoli, Plumbline, Hans Grohe etc.
Compliances, qualifications and registrations.
- Red Seal Qualification Certificate for Plumbing.
- Registered as a Licensed Plumber at PIRB (can sign COC’s).
- Solar Geyser installation training and qualifications.
- Member of IOPSA – Institute of plumbing south Africa.
- FEM letter of good standing – The Federated Employers Mutual Assurance Company
- Tax clearance compliant
- VAT registered
- BEE level 4